Sadly (for me), I am still potty training the Biscuit. He's about 50/50 (in the potty/in the pull-up) right now. I've taken the stance of a low-pressure potty training approach. So, how did I get him this far?
- As noted before, the Biscuit picked out his own potty (to get him excited).
- I read a book like P is for Potty as much as the Biscuit can stand it.
- I created a Potty Chart that I proudly hung on the back of the bathroom door where the potty is.
- Success = an Elmo sticker on the potty chart for each sucessful potty (2 for poop).
- On the weekends, we step up from the pull-up and wear big-boy underwear and try to go potty every 45 minutes.
- We do the potty dance whenever we are successful.
- I thank the Biscuit for trying if he sits for a while and can't potty and tell him that I know it is frustrating.
As with all things, I know he's smart and he "gets it." When he's ready to go full time potty, he'll let me know.
- As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
🛒FEATURED PRODUCTS & RECOMMENDATIONSP is for Potty book, Sesame Street - View on Amazon →
Hot Wheels blue race car potty training toiletseat - View on Amazon →
💗A note from the Author: I'm opening up the archives of Taming the Toddler to share the real, unfiltered moments of grace and humor that defined my early years of motherhood. If you enjoy these stories and are navigating the journey of parenting or pregnancy, check out my devotional work in my Prayers through Life book series: Prayers through Pregnancy or explore my faith-focused apparel: Seek God's Grace.
Got a toddler story of your own? Leave it in the comments. I'd love to connect.
No comments:
Post a Comment