Applesauce & Carrot Muffins

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

So a friend gave me Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious book to help with toddler recipes (because I am always asking friends for tips on what to feed the Biscuit). While I won't share the recipe here (you can buy the book!) I will share with you which recipes in it work for the Biscuit and which ones don't.

So far we are 1 for 1. I made her Applesauce Muffins (which also contain pureed carrots) and the Biscuit devours them! (and I'm not turning them away either. So yummy!) The Biscuit thinks they are cake. 

At breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner I hear from him: "CAKE! CAKE!" as he demands another.

And I don't have any problem forking them over to him. They're loaded with oats so it helps on the poop department, too. BTW, my ever-amazing 20-month old declared to me two days in a row "I poop!" Now, I'm not a linguist or anything, but that is advanced language development if ever I heard it. (Oh wait, I AM a linguist).

Potty training is just around the corner I suppose...
  • As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
    🛒FEATURED PRODUCTS & RECOMMENDATIONS

    Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food - View on Amazon →


💗A note from the Author: I'm opening up the archives of Taming the Toddler to share the real, unfiltered moments of grace and humor that defined my early years of motherhood. If you enjoy these stories and are navigating the journey of parenting or pregnancy, check out my devotional work in my Prayers through Life book series: Prayers through Pregnancy or explore my faith-focused apparel: Seek God's Grace.

Got a toddler story of your own? Leave it in the comments. I'd love to connect.


3 comments:

Ant beD said...

I bet he would love kolaches!
The prune and peach ones are
the best.

Mamacat said...

Yes, I haven't tried kolaches on him yet. Since my family is Czech, that would be a great idea (am craving kolaches right now!)

Ant beD said...

Have wonderful fun with your toddler, but sometimes friends with the best of intentions will try to give them food that you would prefer that they didn't. Such as cool whip. Fortunately, a little won't do any harm.