Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Biscuit

One early morning in May, my husband and I were blessed with the birth of our son who, for the purposes of this blog (and the public nature of the information and for privacy reasons), we'll call "The Biscuit." We actually do call him the Biscuit from time to time as a term of endearment. For the 30-somethings's out there, yes, this probably is carry over from the nutty character on Ally McBeal.

The Biscuit is 19 months old and quickly approaching the "terrible two's" stage. I thought this was a perfect time to start blogging about our experiences as parents raising a toddler. I plan to share our thoughts on approaches to parenting and to throw a recipe in here and there. Hopefully this will help another parent who's going through the same stuff out there (I am always looking for helpful advice for toddlers and can't seem to find a holistic, Internet source) or will at least give someone a good laugh. If nothing else, it'll keep me sane when we decide to do this all over again with kid #2.

The Biscuit was nursed for the first 13 months of his life. I'm a big fan of breastfeeding and you CAN do that and work full time. It was lucky for us that I did because on those very few occassions when the Biscuit had to have formula, he got sick and couldn't digest it. We made the choice to both continue working so the Biscuit goes to daycare full-time.

The Biscuit is a handsome handful of a boy. Of course I'm biased, but I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't find his baby blues and curly locks irresistible. He's a hefty boy, weighing in at 32 pouunds (he's always been a chunkster). Since he is a big boy, and I am a believer in organic products and a healthy environment for your family, we've raised him on organic milk and as much organic foods as we can find and afford.

No comments: